The Eurogate III building in Rotterdam has been converted into a multitenant building on behalf of (institutional) investor DWS Grundbesitz GmbH and real estate Fund Management of Rubens Capital Partners. The first tenant Sodexo Nederland moved its headquarters in Rotterdam in May this year. Since this building will not only house employees, but also visitors, clients and services, the entire building is entitled to expert security. BAM Bouw en Techniek Regio Zuidwest was responsible for all the technical installations and reached out to TKH Security for security systems.
The Security Management System of TKH Security, called iProtect, integrates video management, access control, parking management, intercom and visitors’ registration within the Eurogate III building. BAM is using our iProtect software together with our Sirius iX30 access control card readers and Commend’s newest virtuosis intercom system, the OD5 stations”, says Ed Jongbloed, Sales Manager from TKH Security. “This software and hardware integrate seamlessly with one another, providing a secure base for tenants inside and outside the building. We are the first party in the Netherlands implementing this OD5 intercom system, which is beneficial on many levels.
Wesotronic (installer from Barendrecht) is responsible for the video management system (VMS) and the Galaxy intrusion alarm system. Wesotronic is a partner of BAM and TKH Security. To make one fully integrated security solution they connected VDG Sense, the VMS system of TKH Security, to iProtect.”
Advantages of Commend’s OD5 intercom
First of all, this OD5 intercom system has an innovative touchscreen with brilliant colour reproduction that is easily visible in bright daylight. In this way, it can be used both inside and outside and is able to show the logos of all included partners. Due to the fact that the intercom system operates digitally, tenants can easily be added to the system once they have moved into the building. “Based on precious experience with TKH Security, we chose Commend because its systems are easy to install and operate,” thus Marko van den Boogaard, project manager from BAM. “We have chosen for this type of intercom system, because it is easily adjustable.”
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- High protection against vandalism (mechanical impact resistance IK08)
- 3 mm thick, tampered front glass
- Innovative sound concept with two lateral loudspeakers and two digital MEMS microphones
- Crystal-clear sound with up to 20 kHz speech quality and high volume
- Durable and resistant to wind and weather thanks to high-quality components and IP65 rating
- Robust, daylight-ready 5˝ touch display with brilliant colour reproduction
- High-resolution wide view angle video camera
- Sophisticated housing concept for simple, safe installation
- Surface and flush mount kits with locking mechanism
- OpenDuplex® for natural, hands-free communication with high-volume
- Permanent line and function testing
- Easy to extent with add-on equipment via USB interface
- Motion detection for triggering action sequences
If you require any further information about the OD5 intercom, feel free to contact us.